Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Zonealarm+Windows Firewall
From: Goldstein101 <goldstein101 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:45:54 +0100

I noticed that Windows Firewall does not notify me before dynamically adding new rules to allow traffic through. This
concerns me greatly and I am contemplating turning Windows Firewall off and relying on Zonealarm. Any comments?

Definitely man. Switch Windows firewall off. ZoneAlarm is a good
product. In my opinion you can rely on him to protect your box. M$oft
is always a bit dodgy when it comes to security.

--
Goldstein.
Room 101, Ministry of Truth.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus