Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: UTM - Unified Threat Management system
From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:04:39 -0800

Alice,

No solution can be "completely" secure. All solution will be
eventually comprised. They can only delay an attack.

UTMs are good at delaying an attack because they provide detection,
prevention and defense in depth.

Defense in depth has three elements:
1) People
2) Technology
3) Operations

UTM provide the 2nd element i.e. Technology. You still have to deal
with "People" and "Operations" elements by Awareness / Training.