Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Apache+Domain Authentication
From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:06:59 -0800

Active Directory is essentially LDAP complaint. So you can use
mod_auth_ldap to authenticate your users against Active Directory.

However if you want more seamless integration with Active Directory
using Single Sign On, take a look at SPNEGO. SPNEGO allows your web
application server to play in a Active Directory Kerberozied
environment.

Take a look at http://www.Centrify.com

by making a .htpasswd file and so on. We work in domain Active
Directory domain structure. The think i  want to do is to make the
site authentication via the user domain account ( domain\userid )  i
am really not familiar and i dont know where to start from. Could you

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus