Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: password list generation
From: Radu Oprisan <radu () securesystems ro>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:32:44 +0300

sami seclist wrote:
Hi list,

I am pentesting the backbone of an ISP. There are several ssh and
telnet ports open, and I would like to launch a brute force password
attack. However, i want to lower the number of possibilities to try to
those common combinations we all use in our company (ACME2007,
AcmE2OO7, AcMe123, etc.).
is anybody aware of a tool that can generate a list of passwords from
a root word, the company name for example, or is there any source that
lists all the trivial combination of words commonly used as passwords.

Thanks guys.

You can probably find password lists by using google.
Modifying a password list by adding numbers should be very simple,
however, modifying case should be a job for a perl script and should not
be used because it would generate a huge list. For example:

base: acme
1: Acme
2: ACme
3: ACMe