Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

One firewall in a VPN pair pinging the other?
From: "Dan Denton" <ddenton () remitpro com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:55:51 -0500

I have a pix 506E on one end of an ipsec site to site vpn that seems to be
pinging it's remote peer at a constant rate. Almost every second. This
traffic wasn't logged before I started at this job and not until a week ago,
so it's difficult to tell if it was happening prior to the VPN being created
(which was a couple of months ago) or not. Can anyone tell me if this is a
standard function, or if something is amiss? Thanks for your help...

Dan Denton

  By Date           By Thread