Home page logo

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: which of these ways (if any) are the best to switch to it sec?!?
From: christian_moldes () hotmail com
Date: 2 Aug 2007 05:25:07 -0000

For your particular case I would suggest:

Study for Security+ is an easy way to obtain a security certification and it doesn't require you to have experience as 
other certifications (CISSP or CISM)

If you can get the GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA).

Considering your network experience and the certifications you will easily find work as a security analyst for a SOC 
(Security Operation Center) or a MSS (Managed Security Services) company, specially in night shifts.

CEH won't get you far without real working experience. Hacking is not something that you can legally do if you don't 
have a company's authorization.

Best regards,

Christian J. Moldes
ISMS Lead Auditor (ISO 27001:2005)

  By Date           By Thread  

Current thread:
[ Nmap | Sec Tools | Mailing Lists | Site News | About/Contact | Advertising | Privacy ]