Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Network Misuse
From: "Mohamad Mneimneh" <Mohamad.Mneimneh () dargroup com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:07:21 +0300

Hi List,

I am seeing users on my LAN using unauthorized sw such as msn messenger.
By default, this service is blocked for the average user. I am
suspecting that these users have set another proxy in their IE browser
than that of the local site, possibly the proxy of one on the company's
remote sites where no such restrictions exist, or even worse using some
tunneling mechanism.

My question is: Is there any way to obtain the Internet Explorer's proxy
settings remotely so I can confirm this?

Thanks,

-Mohamad.

  By Date           By Thread