Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Blackberry Password keeper
From: "Chris Barber" <cmbarber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:44:38 -0700

Pardon the cross post but I am not sure the best place to start this question.

I have been asked to evaluate the security of the Password Keeper
application that exists on most Blackberry devices.

Here is what I do know, little as it is.

The password keeper is encrypted with AES-256.
The data for the Password Keeper is backed up during the backup process.

Here are the questions I have:
Can the database be extracted from the .ipd file?
If it can, is there a way to access the database once it is extracted?
If need were to arrise, is there away to crack the password?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

  By Date           By Thread