Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Preparing for GSEC
From: Rich.Worth () priorityhealth com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:41:30 -0400

The GSEC is a pretty broad, high level overview of the security field and the security tools. The best books that you
can get are the official SANS books that you get with the classroom training. I purchased the SANS GIAC Certification
book by Eric Cole and basically it reiterates everything in the books from the classroom training. If I were you, I
would keep you cold hard cash and just use the books from the class. The test itself is not that challenging, unless
you are very new to the security field. If you are, the classroom training will give you everything you need to know to
pass.