Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Multi-Factor Authentication Concern
From: "Dan Denton" <ddenton () remitpro com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:00:57 -0500

Whether that's ok or not I believe is a policy issue. It might be useful if
access by more than one person at a time were used as some kind of check
against wrongdoing by one of the parties. As far as whether it's possible,
sure, the security officer who creates the badge, takes the retinal scan,
and creates the PIN could conceivably use 3 separate people as the source
for the information. The computer authorizing access would never know the
difference, since it relies on the security officer entering the info to
tell if it's legit.