Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Fwd: password list generation
From: "sami seclist" <sg.seclists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:30:15 +0200

Hi list,

I am pentesting the backbone of an ISP. There are several ssh and
telnet ports open, and I would like to launch a brute force password
attack. However, i want to lower the number of possibilities to try to
those common combinations we all use in our company (ACME2007,
AcmE2OO7, AcMe123, etc.).
is anybody aware of a tool that can generate a list of passwords from
a root word, the company name for example, or is there any source that
lists all the trivial combination of words commonly used as passwords.

Thanks guys.

  By Date           By Thread