Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint Firewall denying Explicit SSL
From: "Rob Thompson" <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 13:45:03 -0800

On Dec 7, 2007 12:56 PM, TVB NOC <tvbnoc () temeculavalleybank com> wrote:
Check your smart defense settings, not sure exactly the area, but
somewhere in your settings I believe you will find FTP and SSL related
configurations.

We have gone though that.  We did find an article that discussed
setting the rule to "FTP_BASIC", though that didn't seem to help
either.  The recommendation to set that came from Checkpoint
themselves, in regard to the error that we are receiving back from the
Firewall.

There is another area too, but I can not remember without looking at the
dashboard... Sorry!!!

Nothing to be sorry about.  Your comments are very much appreciated.  :)

I will also see if I can locate your article too...

I would appreciate it.  Thank you kindly.  My efforts have come to be
rather fruitless...

We're actually down to the point that we are seriously considering
calling Checkpoint...  :(

--
Rob

  By Date           By Thread