mailing list archives
Re: Question about GCIH
From: anonymous () nutcase com
Date: 7 Dec 2007 22:48:53 -0000
GCIH is a great course and it teaches a lot of stuff indeed. It depends on how people see it though, if you have the
right understanding and if you can read between the lines, you can learn much more than tools, techniques and face new
situations if it happens beyond your control, which is what incident response team is for and which is what this course
Although, some people have the feeling that it is a course on tools or that it does not teach everything... I would
STRONGLY disagree, due to the following:
(1) You cannot learn everything - Its beyond impossible
(2) You need to hear every word that comes out of the instructor's mouth to read between the lines and hence if people
get tired or if they see the snack's they loose track and blame the course.
(3) Just because some say that script kiddies only use tools, people have a bad notion about the courses on tools.
Well, some believe that they could write tools at run time to prevent the incident, but not all are born genius like
those some who claim. For them, it is good to know how to prevent incident, and even before that how to know and
confirm that an incident is taking place without false alarm.
This is just my personal opinion.
- Question about GCIH Melissa (Dec 07)
- <Possible follow-ups>
- Re: Question about GCIH anonymous (Dec 08)