Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Measuring failover time from a link failure
From: "Matthias Merk" <macem () chello at>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:23:17 +0100

Thanks for your answers. I guess when using SMLT/VSS we'll have to try
to see if any pings get lost or look for fluctuations in RTT oder
download speeds.

Matthias

On Dec 20, 2007 8:10 PM, a42n8k9 dejazzd.com <a42n8k9 () dejazzd com> wrote:
This may be crude, but when I've been curious about this, I simply set up a
continuous ping and counted the number of failed packets, if any, during the

  By Date           By Thread