mailing list archives
security not a big priority?
From: "Francois Yang" <francois.y () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:32:54 -0600
So I have a problem and like to know what you guys think.
I'm a Security Analyst at an Education institute. A community college
to be more precise.
So I was brought on board to address security issues and work on
making this place a better place. Now the problem is.
1. I'm in the network operation team. no security group.
2. My boss doesn't seem to know much about security.
3. My boss doesn't seem to think highly of security since all my
projects seems to be of low priority.
4. I have a long list of things that needs to be done and they are all
waiting for the engineers to work on it. But again they have better
things to do.
So what am I suppose to do? look for another job? :)
anyone run into this problem before?
I'm at the point where I'm not sure what to do.
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.
- security not a big priority? Francois Yang (Feb 15)