Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Username mapping to hostnames
From: WALI <hkhasgiwale () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:23:05 +0400

Thanks jose!!
Netreg is a good find but I must admit, it's indeed a bit of work given the fact that I need to change the way, the users currently login. Having read the documentation of Netreg, I think I'll have to use dhcpd services of Linux rather than my current DHCP of AD 2003.

Also, it would be a bit difficult to get hold of Red Hat 9.0 these days and my experiece shows that all the different modules involved would give me a problem in configuring on any newer version of FC or SuSe.

I'll keep it my last choice unless I find something more easily configurable.
I am sure, Netreg written in 1999 with last modification in 2004, someone would have come with an easier solution somewhere!!

Please advise if you come across something else even if commercial.

At 12:46 PM 2/13/2007 +0100, Jose Luis Flores wrote:
What about netreg at http://sourceforge.net/projects/netreg?

> [...]

  By Date           By Thread