Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

General question
From: "Francois Yang" <francois.y () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:30:46 -0600

what if your boss told you that the network engineers who maintain the
network and servers got paid more (10k more) than you  the security
analyst because they DO MORE THINGS?
what would be your reaction?
In my situation I was like WTF (to myself of course) and basically
said that it was a totally different area and job description.
That also bought to my attention that maybe he didn't really read my
resume, cuz I was doing network administration for the past 6 yrs
before I got this job.
Now what does that tell you about the boss and my job?

--
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.

If your IT fails, you're out of business - or worse. Arm your enterprise with BigFix, the single converged IT security and operations engine. BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation, and enforcement for complex and distributed IT environments in real-time from a single console. Think what's next. Think BigFix.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;82309979;15562032;o?http://www.bigfix.com/ITNext/