Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: General question
From: Adam Kane <adamk () inguin com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:48:08 -0800

The only thing that tells me is that you need to work harder at making your boss understand the importance of your job. Stop blaming everyone else and start doing something about it. You want an increase in pay, show your boss your worth it. Make yourself a valuable asset to the company. Find flaws in the network and servers that those richer network engineers maintain, suggest improvements. Stand out!

Francois Yang wrote:
what if your boss told you that the network engineers who maintain the
network and servers got paid more (10k more) than you  the security
analyst because they DO MORE THINGS?
what would be your reaction?
In my situation I was like WTF (to myself of course) and basically
said that it was a totally different area and job description.
That also bought to my attention that maybe he didn't really read my
resume, cuz I was doing network administration for the past 6 yrs
before I got this job.
Now what does that tell you about the boss and my job?

If your IT fails, you're out of business - or worse. Arm your enterprise with BigFix, the single converged IT security and operations engine. BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation, and enforcement for complex and distributed IT environments in real-time from a single console. Think what's next. Think BigFix.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;82309979;15562032;o?http://www.bigfix.com/ITNext/