Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: images for computer forensics?
From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:30:36 +0100

On 2007-02-26 Zhihao wrote:
Hi list, was wondering if anyone knows of any online resources I can
visit that has got real life case studies of cybercrime and actually
has got the disk image of the server that was hacked? or even a disk
image of a system that was used to compromise a server? Went over to
honeynet.org and they do have an image of a purposely hacked redhat
6.2 but I will prefer a resource that will have actual disk images
from a crime scene.

I sure hope that nothing like that exists and will ever exist, because
these images will most likely contain confidential, maybe even personal
data.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

If your IT fails, you're out of business - or worse.  Arm your
enterprise with BigFix, the single converged IT security and operations
engine. BigFix enables continuous discovery, assessment, remediation,
and enforcement for complex and distributed IT environments in real-time
from a single console.
Think what's next. Think BigFix.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;82309979;15562032;o?http://www.bigfix.com/ITNext/