Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Changing the domain admin password.
From: Mike Devlin <mdevlin () boston com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:21:26 -0500

What about looking at the security log in the event viewer? that should show you all the login/logouts for all the accounts in the domain, along with from what system they logged in from.

                           - Mike

Gary Collis wrote:
Time has come to change the domain admin password. Unfortunately this is used (hardcoded?) across the network in lots of different places, services, virus downloads etc. Does anyone know of a way for me to audit the admin account so I can see where it is currently in use.

Has anyone got any other tips for changing the domain admin password without lots of pain?

Thanks,

  By Date           By Thread