Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: PCI, EFS and the future?
From: "Nick Vaernhoej" <nick.vaernhoej () capitalcardservices com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:55:05 -0600

Sagib

Because people and articles are full of reasons why EFS might not be a
good idea. But there is very little that says black on white, Yes or no.

In my own research I experience a 25% overhead when used on a fresh
install of Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP

From the following article
http://datasecurity.wordpress.com/2006/08/09/methods-of-encrypting-data/

" There is no current consensus but companies wishing to leverage such a
system will face an up-hill battle to defend the proper key management
processes in place."

Nick Vaernhoej

May I ask why you feel that EFS is the wrong solution? On the face, it
seems to satisfy all the PCI data storage encryption requirements ....

I will tell you more why EFS might not be a good idea, but I want to
hear your opinion first.

saqib
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net

  By Date           By Thread