Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Hard disk Encryption
From: logidev () gmail com
Date: 13 Mar 2007 04:21:49 -0000

I recently did a large scale evaluation of encryption products and based on our requirements, SecureDoc by Winmagic
came in first. We evaluated other products such as PointSec for PC, Safeboot etc... but SD was by far the best product
out there.  One of the major decision factors was the compliance piece, SD is EAL4, FIPS 140-2 L2 (only vendor to have
L2), but SD also has the best user auditing system compared to the other vendors. Pushing the installer to the end user
is a no brainer and uses very minimal resources on the systems.

If you want more info on their product...

http://www.winmagic.com/downloads/2007SD23_features.pdf

Cheers.

  By Date           By Thread