Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Bankers on FFIEC
From: "William M. Davis" <WDavis () Gawab Com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:57:27 -0700

Ken,

The FFIEC guidance is just that it is guidance.  It also does not require
multi-factor authentication; it does require that banks do a risk assessment
and adequately protect their systems.  I agree that what most are doing is
not really multi-factor.  However, additional questions can increase the
level of security and help justify the continued use of single factor
authentication until better, cheaper, easier methods are developed.

William M. Davis, CISSP, CISA
WDavis () SecPro US

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Kousky" <kkousky () ip3inc com>