Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hard disk Encryption
From: "kevin fielder" <kevin.fielder () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:01:38 +0100

There are quite a few products that will likely meet your needs as you
will have seen from the responses to your question.

I'll just add another vote for Safeboot, I can't comment on the other
products as I haven't in depth experience of them, but we use Safeboot
on all laptops and are considering a plan to role it out to all
desktops.

It's a genuine whole disk encryption product, and has pretty decent
centralised management.

A slight aside, but something I think is worth noting is that with any
of these products you'll want to ensure you disable any suspend options
as these mean if the laptop is lost it can be opened and you'll be
immediately presented with the windows (or linux) login page without
having to enter the encryption products credential information.

Cheers

Kevin