Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Carrying out an application security assessment for a Visual Basic application
From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:16:44 +0530

Hi all,

I need to do a security assessment of an application that is written
in Visual Basic. I am not too sure of the version. It is probably
version 6. The back end is Oracle.

What do I look at? I will ve able to get access to the  source code. I
used to code in VB quite some time back so I should be able to
understand what is happening. However, from the application security
point of view, I need to know what to check.

Any one any pointers?
Pranav

  By Date           By Thread