Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help with TLD
From: "Steven" <steven () slashmail org>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:39:00 -0500 (EST)

Not sure why they do it, but www.eset.uk.com is a NOD32 site, and you can
see from this file:

http://www.eset.co.uk/partners/ESET-Partner-flyer.pdf

That they reference the e-mail address sales () eset uk com

Sounds like it is legit.  I would pose your question to them instead.

Steven

I needed to contact the technical support for my AV vendor, Nod32. I
sent an email to ... () eset com and the reply I received was from
... () eset uk com

I would expect eset to have domains such as eset.com, eset.com.uk,
eset.co.uk or even uk.eset.com but not eset.uk.com. I would expect
eset.uk.com to be a sub domain of uk.com domain which seems to be a
referrer/affiliate site.

Any insight? Thanks

!DSPAM:460aca76214201019113104!

  By Date           By Thread