Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hard disk Encryption
From: Andrea <arkimede () secureroot com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:31:46 -0800

Why don't you have a look at Fox IT Control
http://www.foxt.com/products/it_controls.html

The part of the software dedicated to workstation control allows you to encrypt part of the file systems using a group
or a personal encryption key so that you can have different roles with different keys (accounting people, technicians,
help desk etc..) and a user-personal encrypted folders at the same time. With group encryption keys only members of the
specific group can have access to the docs in the encrypted folders, and that's good I think (e.g. tech people don't
need to know your ridicolous salary ;) ). You can even have encrypted share folders (e.g. on a file server) and all
docs are encrypted/decrypted on-fly on the end point (so they "travel" encrypted on you LAN).You can manage all the
groups/keys quite easily from a centralized server and you don't need to be a high-encryption-skilled guy actually.

I installed it few times on customers site when the software was RSA-then-TFS branded and the finally bought it.

Hope this helps

andrea

--
Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? - S.Jobs