Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

small business av recommendations
From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:01:25 +1000

Hi all,
I want to move away from Symantec Client Security in five months time when
our subscription/support ends with them.

I am looking at Kaspersky or Nod32 as the replacement so if anyone has any
info they could share with me, that would be great.

We have about 90 machines 5 servers, all Windows save for 2 Fedora boxes.

I want a central console for admin and definition updates(ie download
updates to a central spot and have clients download from there. From what I
can see Nod32 looks good(and fast).

The perf hit from SCS is painful and the fact that it seems to be getting
worse at catching malware when it isn't breaking things are the major
reasons for moving away from them.
The upgrade process is a bit of a nightmare too.

Cheers

  By Date           By Thread