mailing list archives
Re: Re: Re: How to Test HDD Encryption
From: dmonrad () yahoo com
Date: 17 Nov 2007 04:02:19 -0000
I am not sure about the internal workings of the drive, but the main benefits I can see are:
- Entire Disk 128-bit AES Encryption
- approved for use by the British and Canadian governments to secure data up to Top Secret and has US and other
certifications as well
- Transparent to the OS as it is performed at the hardware level
- Compatible with standard sized laptops and desktops
- USB version avail for portable use.
- Tamper evident, sealed so that if the drive is taken apart, it is damaged beyond repair.
- RE: FDE and integrity of OS Was: How to Test HDD Encryption, (continued)