Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Any solution for a virus in the BIOS?
From: evilwon12 () yahoo com
Date: 19 Nov 2007 16:40:30 -0000

While I will not rule out a virus in the BIOS, I usually try the KISS method first, and a virus in the BIOS would not
be first on my list.  Have you tried to open the case and reset the BIOS manually to factory defaults?  Usually there
will be some jumper to short which will reset the BIOS.

There are numerous other things that could be wrong beyond a virus in the BIOS.  Bad keyboard port (ps2 I assume),
corrupted BIOS, bad BIOS chip, etc....  Does everything look normal when you open up the case?

  By Date           By Thread