Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Securing workstations from IT guys
From: "Nick Vaernhoej" <nick.vaernhoej () capitalcardservices com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:31:46 -0600

Hello,

Give them a share on a file server and set up some file access auditing.
You find this in the same area as the NTFS permissions.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310399
Access will be tracked in the event viewer.
With domain admins you can't do much to keep them out (unless money and
staffing is of no concern), but you can audit their access to files.

Here there are files being audited, Snare then forwards event entries to
Kiwi which in turn emails staff on certain criteria. For example, an
email alert goes out when a log entry contains X AND Y.
X being the file/folder name and Y being a user or group in active
directory. Simple but works.

Nick Vaernhoej