mailing list archives
From: Daniel Grant <daniel () britishemail co uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:16:35 +0000
Level 3 has completely got me too - I tried all sorts, but either im
short on coffee or not bright enough.
Anyone got it yet?
Rivest, Philippe wrote:
They just want to see if you can do a banner grabbing, theres really nothing to it.
But I do agree that choosing the FBI is a very very VERY bad way to be serious, it is sending out the Hacker VS the law
image and I would go against this.
Anyhow anyone that can give me a hint to pass level 3 would be appreciated; I tried saving the source to my pc and adding
Pear as a value. Didn't know
Analyste en sécurité & Certified Ethical Hacker
P Est-ce vraiment nécessaire d'imprimer cette page ?
De : listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] De la part de Zimler Attila Tamás
Envoyé : lundi 26 novembre 2007 12:29
À : 0x90
Cc : security-basics () securityfocus com
Objet : Re: hax.tor
let me bring to your attention a site that deals with basic
security issues presented in a hackme-fashion way. You advance
on very easy levels that have hints to them and will teach
you something useful in everyday IT sec. Examples:
- exploiting buggy custom PHP scripts: bugs are taken from real life
- SQL injection
- decoding an MSSQL password from a sniffed login sequence
- decoding wcx_ftp.ini passwords
- googling the smart way
- looking up virtualhosts on a webserver
- spoofing http headers
- exploiting legal usage of web services for misc purposes
- basic mathematics: base. binary, equation
- realistic and (legal) _REALITY_ missions
- recognizing and decoding md5/des/base64/etc
- google word game ( telnet://hax.tor.hu )
- forging a DNS request
- decrypting MS-Word documents
- out-of-the-box thinking
Along the levels, you will find funny pictures to relax with,
music to listen to, maybe even ascii cow art :-)
If you are interested in the above, you may check it out here. (this
is a minimalistic site, there are no ads or overcrowded menus)
Have a nice day,
What do you want to SSH connect to FBI-s homepage?
If this is a game, why don't you provide yourself the target for