Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hardware Firewall recommendations
From: Tremaine Lea <tremaine () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:52:04 -0700

Any decent firewall/router should be capable of what you are requiring, from entry level cisco routers to Checkpoint to Juniper to Sonicwall to... the list is pretty long ;)

If the only requirement is being able to handle/configure two wan links and basic ACL's, you have a lot of options and can choose any relatively mainstream firewall and base your decision primarily on cost.

If there are other needs such as IDS/IPS, VPN support, QoS, vlan's etc, that will narrow the field a little bit.

Cheers,

---
Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant