Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Are you using Microsoft's Anti-Phishing filter?
From: "Chilcott, Mike" <Michael.Chilcott () emoryhealthcare org>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:13:44 -0400

Hello everyone,
   There has been some debate on whether or not to turn on  Microsoft's Anti-Phishing filter that is included in IE 7.
The largest complaint I hear is that it will slow things down. I know Microsoft has created a fix for it, and included
it in MS07-016 Security bulletin; so maybe it works now.

   What I would like to know is:
1. Are you using IE 7 in your enterprise environment?
2. Do you have this feature turned on automatically?
3. Or leaving it up to the end user to configure?

   If you do not have the Anti-Phishing filter turned on, can I ask you why?

Thanks,
Mike

information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
prohibited.

  By Date           By Thread