Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Liscensing in Windows 2003 SBS
From: "Alexis Grigoriou" <alexis () paiko net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:45:08 +0300

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On
Behalf Of Jon Petre
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 11:20 AM
To: security-basics () lists securityfocus com
Cc: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Liscensing in Windows 2003 SBS

Further information is that I transferred all the domain controller details,
AD, FMSO Roles, Exchange mailboxes etc instead of creating a new domain. I
think this is where I have gone wrong as it would have been easier to create
the new domain I think due to me only having ten workstations on the
network.

Is this event anything to worry about? I have restarted the License Logging
service but this has had no effect.

If any further info required please give me a shout.

TIA

Jono

Have you removed `oldserver` from the domain? Also check if the loging
service is enabled on your new server.

  By Date           By Thread