Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

LAN issue
From: ankit.gupta.er () gmail com
Date: 25 Oct 2007 14:54:51 -0000

Hi,

Please help me. I am in a college and I am been given a task by my lead.
He has asked me scan the data student copy and past opening each other's computers

eg.

//172.2.2.2/c$

etc

I want to know how to know about the number of drives student create logicaly.
And can we stop it from happening..

And just a few minutes ago I was surfing over LAN. I faced a strange senario..
I was able to ping their workstation, was able to open their ip  through cmd prompt but was not able to access the
drives...

help me out. m completely lost..

Thanks and Regard
Ankit