Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Finding out IP address of external interface of web proxy
From: "Edward Ling" <e.ling () wessexarch co uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:51:09 -0000

Hi Devj,

If I understand you correctly, the user is sat at a machine on the
internal LAN with an internal IP address of say 192.168.1.x and wants to
find out what the external IP address is?

This should be fairly simple as all they'd need to do would be to browse
to http://whatismyip.com/ which will report the external IP address in
the web browser.

Is there any particular reason why you don't want a user to know the ex
IP?

Ed