Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Finding out IP address of external interface of web proxy
From: Josh Olson <jolson () mtu edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:53:37 -0400

How do I find out the IP address of the external interface of my web proxy?

To explain a bit further: A user browses web sitting in a LAN through
the web proxy that allows HTTP. The web proxy is connected to the LAN
using one interface and it is connected to the outer network using
another interface. Can the user find out the IP address of the outer
interface? If yes, how?

I think this could be accomplished by the user visiting http://whatismyip.com/ or any web site that they have log access to. I may have misunderstood the question, though.

Josh

  By Date           By Thread