Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anyone plans for CISSP-ISSMP?
From: Bora Özden <vbozden () e-kolay net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 22:32:30 +0300

 Hi Yousef ,

Thanks for the information you have reminded me the resources you mentioned i knew before but very helpfull to see them on one email . i didnt visit the cccure.org for a long time and couldnt have the "legend" CISSP book of Shon Harris yet to today. I have been away from the ITSec side for a long time (till this year) so i have to learn, practice, remember,have hands on more to be able to be much more for passing the exam itself. And i guess the real life calls for more extending Checkpoint and similiar products knowledge and experience and maybe certification. More study tips, setting up an enviroment out of work, up to date experiences, motivation tips :-) are always welcomed of course. There is no limit for information sharing.

Good night from İstanbul to the list

Bora Özden

Yousef Syed wrote:
Hi Bora,
https://www.isc2.org/
The (ISC)2 site is always a good place to start. They own/run the
CISSP so they can give all the information regarding the course
requirements etc...

http://www.cccure.org/
CCCure is the next best place to get your CISSP knowledge. They have
plenty of online exam practice too.

For Books, I used the Official ISC2 CISSP book and Shon Harris's CISSP
book. I've heard very good recommendations for the CISSP Passport book
(but I've never used it). Although the books cover alot of material,
they don't cover "everything" that might turn up in the exam. You will
be examined on the 10-security domains, so technically, anything that
is related to those may come up.

Goodluck,
ys.