Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts on CAPTCHA
From: "Ayaz Ahmed Khan" <ayaz () pakcon org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:17:56 +0500

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Chris Barber <cmbarber () gmail com> wrote:
I was just reading on the SANS NewsBites an article about how some
 implementations of CAPTCHA seem to have been out smarted by software.
 I have seen other articles and have not paid a lot of attention to
 them (simply because I have been too busy).  But this got my gears
 turning.
 [...]

Incidentally, I was reading through a post on slashdot.org that broke
down the news that the CAPTCHA system used by Live Mail (MSN) has been
cracked.  In the same post, I found a like to KittenAuth which
apparently is a replacement of text-CAPTCHA:
http://www.thepcspy.com/kittenauth

--
Ayaz Ahmed Khan

"I'm returning this note to you, instead of your paper, because it
(your paper) presently occupies the bottom of my bird cage."
 -- English Professor, Providence College

  By Date           By Thread