Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Tactics for surviving heavy DDoS attack?
From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:10:08 -0700

i don't think there is any real solution to a DDOS attack. It is a
problem for both carbon-based life and cyberspace alike.

saqib
http://doctrina.wordpress.com/

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 5:00 PM,  <offset> wrote:
I haven't been able to find any information regarding how to survive a sustained
 heavy DDoS attack (ie. greater than 2G/sec) from a providers perspective.  I see
 a lot of information on what DDoS is, how not to be an amplifier, etc, but
 not much on best practice router/switch configs, hardware/solutions to stay alive
 during a DDoS attack, etc.

 If you are an ISP, other than calling your upstream provider to null route the
 target IP, what other options are available?

 -offset

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
http://www.full-disk-encryption.net