Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts on CAPTCHA
From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:34:56 -0700

 But add the
 layer of security where you must enter the CAPTCHA "word" with a ever
 changing keyboard/pad.  Using 16 keys instead of 10 would give enough
 choices but not take that long to find the keys needed to enter the
 CAPTCHA "word".

Maybe I am missing something, but I am not sure how this will avert
attacks on captcha. The Computer Character Recognition will still be
able to decipher the CAPTCHA phrase and pass it to the server,
irrespective of the ever changing keyboard/pad implementation.

saqib
http://doctrina.wordpress.com/

  By Date           By Thread