Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: secure transfers and authentication
From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:44:33 -0700

Correct me if im wrong, but SSH doesnt operate at higher speeds than 10mb/s?

That is correct. Tunneling through SSL/SSH may not be a good for large
amount of data transfer that is time-sensitive. But I haven't found
any other open solution that can provide secure transfers.

And this is precisely why I use RSYNC - it is capable of resuming
transfers. So if the internet connection breaks (which happens on
international circuits), RSYNC can just pick up from where it left,
when the connection is restored.

saqib
http://doctrina.wordpress.com/

  By Date           By Thread