Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VMware ESX
From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:57:56 -0700

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Paul Heywood
<Paul.Heywood () unitypartnership com> wrote:
Hi forum,

 we've got a VMware ESX group of servers running on the inside of our network.
Our server team want to extend this to include some DMZ servers. How
vulnerable would this leave the internal network ? Am I correct in thinking that if
the VMware cluster was hacked, this would give them access to the internal network

Don't do it. Mixing security domains (that is, hosts on the trusted
network and hosts in the DMZ) in this situation is asking for trouble.

Kurt

  By Date           By Thread