Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Shredding Digital data on Mainframes and AS400
From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:54:37 -0700

Shred the physical storage media.

As far as I know AS400 don't have a crypto-erase (secure erase) capability

saqib
http://doctrina.wordpress.com/

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 6:05 PM,  <k7.fantr () gmail com> wrote:
Does anyone know how to shred data on an AS400 or a mainframe? I do not know the OS's yet so any commands that may be
built into whatever flavors that you are used to would be great. We had a business partner go belly-up with
potentially lots of private data on their systems. I can handle the PC's, but they have other systems as well. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

  By Date           By Thread