Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Multiple login accounts with root privileges
From: "ganesh mahadevan" <ganesh.was.mahadevan () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 10:21:25 +0530

Hi,

I was testing a thin client box and found that I could login as Root,
Administrator and Admin (all with the same password).  whoami
indicated 'root' in all three cases.  Is this some sort of aliasing
going on? I may not be entirely correct on this but shouldn't the
number of users with root privileges be restricted?  What is your
advice on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh

  By Date           By Thread