mailing list archives
Fwd: Software Recommendations
From: "Charles Hardin" <fonestorm () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:11:08 -0400
Resend since this seems to have disappeared into the abyss during the
wireless thread on wifisec.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charles Hardin <fonestorm () gmail com>
Date: Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:55 AM
Subject: Software Recommendations
To: security-basics <security-basics () securityfocus com>
I am currently looking into a new setup for my home. I run a
small buisness out of it and I share it with 4 others, ranging from
technically competent to technically inept people. Im currently
looking into a new firewall solution. I have run smoothwall in the
past and currently use endian, but I am curious what other options are
available. I would prefer an opensource free system that will run on
older hardware (P3 era).The requirements are below.
1. Inbound and outbound firewalling
2. site to site vpn connections - I have 2 other people whom work in
the buisness with me that will be setting up a box at their home as
3. road warrior vpn - not a huge requirement as I do have a windows
2003 domain controller that can fill this role.
4. content / spyware / virus filtering - a like but not a must
5. Built in intrusion detection would be nice but again not a must.
- Fwd: Software Recommendations Charles Hardin (Jun 20)