Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Company Badges
From: phoenix <phoenix211 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:32:59 +0200

Hello everybody,

our companies executives want to implement new badges for the
employees for identification purposes. They should, of course, also be
worn on our campus. Recently, I was able to see one of the samples and
that shocked me quite a lot. On these samples, there were the
employees name, employee id, departement, position and picture on it.
Picture and name are bad enough, but employee id, departement and
position are a social engineering dream / security nightmare.

Does anyone have good links to best practises, security regulations,
other "official" documents or at least some good arguments against
putting all that information on the new badge?

Thanks a lot!

Phoe Nix

  By Date           By Thread