Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Web Traffic Security and Eavesdropping
From: mojorising <moj0rising () aim com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:05:40 -0800

Guys, thanks for these awesome responses.

So, basically, it seems my friend and I were on the right track when
we couldn't think of a way some random person could sniff all (or any)
traffic going to and from a web site (or any node on the Internet)
they don't have access to (or have access to a node somewhere along
the way, like a router or switch). The answer is that it's not really
possible. This statement primarily holds true under somewhat normal
circumstances, of course, aside from hacks like the BGP exploit
mentioned in the Wired article.

Mike