Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Truecrypt
From: Douglas Duckworth <stlpcsecurity () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:22:25 -0600

I've been using Truecrypt on my personal laptop for two moths. The entire drive and boot sector are encrypted and I've noticed insignificant performance decreases. I am going to approach my manager regarding the benefits of this since we have many sites across our Enterprise. We're also in the transportation industry therefore many of our users travel frequently. Given the number of stolen laptops per year, citing the Dell Study, I believe this is a wise decision. My question regards how best to approach my manager since the culture amongst our IT department tends to shirk security for continence or under the naive assumption that we don't hold the most sensitive data! We do not even encrypt our public FTP traffic. This drives me nuts.

Anyway any advice would be appreciated.

Best,
Doug

  By Date           By Thread